Saturday 8 November 2008

Stickams, Birthdays, Fireworks and Christmas...

Okay then, so I said I would probably update again at the end of the week and here I am a whole day early!

As the readers who know me are no doubt aware, Stickam is still being a big poopie face and there is absolutely no explanation why on the website as to why people are able to create rooms but not join them. Which to be quite honest with you I find appalling, as us users are now funding the site through advertisement they should keep us informed of technical difficulties.

But anyway, all that aside, it has been a rather mixed week for me.
I started the week off on a positive: I had got my sleeping pattern back in order and was looking forward to Kelsie's first birthday party.
The party was really nice, there was plenty of nice things to nom and Kelsie got lots of new toys, including an electronic quad bike thingy that she can ride on and kinda knows how to operate (she knows how to make it move forwards but has no idea about stearing or not running people over :D), and she really likes riding on it.
She also had a very nice looking Barbie birthday cake (I haven't actually had a bit of it yet despite the huge piece we have in the kitchen). Unfortunately everybody forgot to take a picture of it :/
There was also a little fireworks display, nothing too flashy, or bangy for that matter as they were low noise fireworks. Which just seems to mean they have much less gunpowder and sparkly stuff in them resulting in less bangs and fewer oohs and aahs, but there was something about their cheapness and lack of awesome that I found rather pleasing. They did manage to get pretty much everyone standing outside in a little bit of rain watching them until the last one had gone off, or not as it happens, because one of them didn't work, atleast not until later on when it got thrown into the bonfire (which was just a bunch of wood, paper and party rubbish thrown into a metal bin).
So yeh, it was a good day overall and Kelsie seemed to enjoy herself, she was still full of energy at the end of the night.

So that's the positive, now for the negative which is only actually slight but negative all the same: I seem to be slipping back into miserableness, which can partly be attributed to my feeling tired most of the time (I was only awake for 11 hours yesterday before I went back to bed and slept for 10 hours). The whole episode has me debating whether or not I should start taking my thyroxine again and/or go see my doctor.

Or it could just be this time of year as it's getting near christmas, and this is when the fact that I have no job or money starts to hit home, I have no christmas holiday to look forward to really, and I can't get presents for people (only my parents and now my niece really) and that's kind of got me a little depressed, even moreso when you factor in the fact that it's not because I'm not looking for work but due to there actually not being any in my town, and even if I did want to spend a third of my wages on travel expenses there isn't that much in the surrounding towns either.

I think another thing that could be contributing to my feeling fed up is that with the stickam situation I don't really have anything to take my mind off of things other than Spore, and I can only play that for so long (quite long really, but that's beside the point) until I get bored.
Oh well, sorry to end on a bit of a downer, I'm sure things will start to get better again soon. I hope they do.
-Boyd

edit: well it seemas if stickam is working again for the moment, hurrah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY STICKAM IS BACK YAY!

Also bet bicilotti to comment first SCORE!