Tuesday 23 December 2008

Insomnia

No dreams tonight,
I can not get to sleep,
I'm really tired.

That was a haiku inspired by a sudden bout of insomnia meaning I didn't get a good sleep yesterday even though I was really tired, and what little sleep I did manage to get was ill met with a cold when I woke up.
I was hoping it was just a one-off and that I would get both an early night and good sleep tonight, but unfortunately I was wrong. And this cold really isn't helping as it just feels like I have too much stuff inside my head, so much so that every now and then some will decide to run out of my nose, which I really hate.
So, after spending a little while in bed hopelessly trying to drift off to sleep I decided to get up, have a bowl of cereal and see what's going on on stickam while listening to some nice chillout music courtesy of Digitally Imported (www.di.fm).
It doesn't really seem to be helping though, especially stickam which is being a bit of a pain in the backside as it ejected me from the room with a nonsense error and now when I try to rejoin I get a blank screen rather than the disclaimer and button which would enter me into the room.
Ah well, atleast I managed to get another blog out of it (aswell as a haiku), and had a nice healthy bowl of fruit and fibre, I shall probably try to sleep again in a little while but probably to no avail.
So I shall probably just end up watching a movie and finally drifting off to sleep around the time most people are waking up (which is what time I normally go to bed anyway, atleast when I don't have a "normal" sleeping pattern), it's all very depressing really, all I want to do is sleep - something which requires very little effort - and I just can't do it because for some reason my mind and/or body have decided to be awkward. There's not even really anything playing on my mind that would be keeping me awake, and my mood is one of general contentness, I mean after winning that mouse and today (yesterday) receiving my Jobseeker's Allowance I don't really have much to complain about that I'm not already used to doing so.
Ah well, I'll let you all get back to what you were doing.
I hope you all have an easier time sleeping than I am.
-Boyd

No comments: